AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in search of a calibration disc or program similar to the lucas/thx one found with starwars movies and such.

I found an audio calibration disc by a member on here and was wondering if there was anything other than what I already have on my satrwars discs available.

Thanks in advance

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,402 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by method0075 /forum/post/16908000

I am in search of a calibration disc or program similar to the lucas/thx one found with starwars movies and such.

I found an audio calibration disc by a member on here and was wondering if there was anything other than what I already have on my satrwars discs available.

Thanks in advance

Blu-ray or DVD?

-Bill

·
Registered
360 Posts

Quote:

Thanks in advance

There are a number of do-it-yourself DVDs to use to adjust your settings that have a bit of instruction with them- (the following are in order of increasing amount of instruction included): Spears and Munsil's Benchmark (Blu-Ray), Digital Video Essentials (DVD or Blu-ray), Avia-II (DVD). You can purchase these through amazon.com. There are also some other DVDs you can use, e.g., AVS-HD (free on this forum) or GetGray, that have test patterns for setting your TV, but not much in the way of instruction. So, if you aren't familiar with using test patterns, it's probably best to use the commercially available DVDs I mentioned that have some advice about using test patterns.

·
Banned
3,587 Posts

Quote:

Thanks in advance

Using a setup disc isn't calibration - it's "setup". Calibration requires a meter and calibration software. This thread is for calibration not for setup.

There are only 2 readily available Blu-ray setup discs. Digital Video Essentials will teach you a lot about HDTV and is under $20 at Amazon. The Spears & Munsil disc is more tech-oriented. Either one will help you set the basic controls.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts