AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be my first time running an amp with a received. I am looking to connect to additional speakers to a demon X4000 received.

It will be used to power two Polk series 2 monitor 40 bookshelf speakers.

I don't think it needs a lot of juice and I don't plan on playing them to loud just would like to have the option to hear music in the adjacent room.

Looking to spend no more the a 100.00$ is this possible. Looking for a good SAFE external amp.

Please chime in with recommendations or advice.

Thanks in advance

Manny...

·
Registered
7,480 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by socal swagger  /t/1525682/looking-for-a-cheap-2-channel-amp-for-demon-x4000#post_24564402

This would be my first time running an amp with a received. I am looking to connect to additional speakers to a demon X4000 received.

It will be used to power two Polk series 2 monitor 40 bookshelf speakers.

I don't think it needs a lot of juice and I don't plan on playing them to loud just would like to have the option to hear music in the adjacent room.

Looking to spend no more the a 100.00$ is this possible. Looking for a good SAFE external amp.

Please chime in with recommendations or advice.

Thanks in advance

Manny...

Why not use the perfectly competent amps in the receiver?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
need an amp to run an extra 2 channels for a seperate room, iam going to use the 7 channels off the x4000 for the theater room wanted to power an additional 2 speakers in the bar area

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
when using this

http://www.amazon.com/AudioSource-AMP-100-Stereo-Power-Amplifier/dp/B00026BQJ6

in conjuction with the X400, you connect the amp via RCA cables then connect the additional speaker to the amp itself correct?

does it matter if i run a long RCA cable to my preferred spot or should i run it via SPEAKER wires what i best?

I never had any experience with running external amps nor a receiver of this kind my old one was a 2112 CI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts