AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the Crown series and would love to get them, but I think they're a bit too powerful for what I need. I'm currently working on a T-Line for an eD 13kv.4 sub that's going in my living room in a 7.1 setup. I don't need a ton of power to run this single sub, but I do want the ability to expand on my home setup if I desire to do so in the future. That reason alone is why I wanted to go rack amp was because if I decide I want to do a multi sub setup its easier with a rack amp then instead of buying multiple plate amplifiers. And with the plate amp I would have had to redesign my T-Line to fit it properly. I'm looking at a few brands over on partsexpress.com and so far its between the following:

QSC GX3
Behringer EP2000
Peavey IPR 1600
Crown XLS 1000 DriveCore

Has anyone here had experience with the other brands besides Crown? If so how as the overall performance? The signal that will feed into this amp will come from a Denon AVR 1611 receiver. My budget is maxed at $325.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
Many pro audio amps have been measured here

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=855865

FWIW, The Behringer EP series products are the best DIY amps around. Nothing matches them in performance/$$$. There is zero SQ difference between them and amps 5x their price tag wrt to subwoofer performance.

I know because I own them and pro amps 5x their price tag

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
In addition to the Behringers...a used Crown CE4000 works pretty good too, if you can find one reasonably priced, but even then it'll still probably cost more than a new EPxxxx.

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/19627312

FWIW, The Behringer EP series products are the best DIY amps around. Nothing matches them in performance/$$$. There is zero SQ difference between them and amps 5x their price tag wrt to subwoofer performance.

Great post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/19627312

Hey thanks for the link I plan on checking out the results when I get home. Do you guys know of any other places I could possibly purchase these amps from besides parts express?

·
Banned
2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pervitizm /forum/post/19627904

Hey thanks for the link I plan on checking out the results when I get home. Do you guys know of any other places I could possibly purchase these amps from besides parts express?

Ebay or Amazon are the two biggest sites. For smaller DJ/Pro audio sites just do a search under the model name of whatever amp you are interested in. Various websites selling that model amp will pop up in a list.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts
You can google them, there are many pro audio sites to choose from.

Exojam (a very respected member on this forum) is selling his EP4000. I think its under your budget.

I would also check hometheatershack.com, techtalk.parts-express.com, diyaudio.com, htguide.com/forums because they all have "classified" sections that sometimes have pro audio amps for sale for a great price. I picked up 2 EP2500 amps for under $200 over the past 2 years. You just have to keep searching.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.