Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a dvd changer that meets certain requirements in this order

1) 5 disc changer

2) Abillity to shuffle tracks between multiple discs

3) Meets $150 budget

4) HDMI connectivity

I was looking at the Sony dvp nc85h, however it doesn't meet my #2 need. Any suggestions would be great.... even if they are outside my price range

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have the previous model Sony. They're basically the same except the one I have does 720p/1080i as opposed to the new 1080p model. I've had it for a year or two now and it's wonderful with solid picture quality. Never let me down.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
A refurbed Onkyo DV-CP704 meets your requirements. I've owned two and can verify they do shuffle across multiple discs. It's six disc, but I don't think you're going to quibble over that.

The refurbs are below $150, but I think you can find the new ones near that price. Onkyo just came out with a newer model (the DV-CP706 which is virtually the same except upscales to 1080p and goes for $250), so the old stock should be moving for fairly cheap.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The onkyo is ok, but i think it may be just a bit to wide to fit in my rack.

I think I may settle on the Yamaha DVC6760. Sorry but I have very little trust in any thing Sony makes under $200

Can anyone confirm if this player allows shuffling tracks via mulltiple discs?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I have two Sony 5-disc changers, one that's about 5 or 6 years old. Neither player has given me any problems in that time.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetram /forum/post/15572557

The onkyo is ok, but i think it may be just a bit to wide to fit in my rack.

Yeah, that's the bad thing about them. Since they're six disc, their footprint is enormous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts