AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Have you heard the infinity beta series, I don't know if that's what you'd call entry level but if your looking at infinities they deserve a look imho...

·
Registered
804 Posts
Entry level is different for everyone, check out as many speakers as you can and audition them, ignore prices as much as you can (although in the end of course it does matter). Athenas are nice, Klipsch are popular, Energy is great as well as Mirage, Paradigm, Polk, etc..

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
A lot depends on how much is in your budget? I ended up with Axiom's after months of demoing various brands.

Randy

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarg
Have you heard the infinity beta series, I don't know if that's what you'd call entry level but if your looking at infinities they deserve a look imho...
I'm not sure if I'd call Infinity Beta speakers entry level. I think the Primus fill that slot at the moment. Then again, Stereophile did a review of the Primus 150s and provided some very favorable marks for the speakers.

I found a pair of Infinity Beta 20s, the Beta C360 3-way center channel new for less than the MSRP prices for three front Primus speakers. Plus, the vendor was authorized.

I've been running a pair of 7 y.o. Infinity speakers with 6.5" woofers and .5" tweeters for the past month as my stereo speakers, augumented by a sub. Even though they have some age on them, they really sound good. In fact, they sound better than quite a few of the speakers that I've owned over the past few years and fortunately, I only paid $26 for the pair of Infinities off eBay. I just hope the new Betas can stand up to them. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
wje, If those betas don't sound better than your 26$ ebay specials, I want to know which series those are :)... I thought that might be pushing it calling betas entry level, but the prices have went down so much(price comparable to primus) and w/ their sq , I thought I'd suggest them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.