AVS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, I'm looking for a fun racing game. Not sure whats out there but I would like a suggestion or 2. I need something that is easy to learn, has good eye candy, and will be fun to play now and again for 10-15 minutes at a time. Please let me know what I should be looking for. Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Burnout Paradise. It might still be on sale for 7.99. Funfunfun

·
Registered
5,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig /forum/post/20851791

Burnout Paradise. It might still be on sale for 7.99. Funfunfun

I second Burnout Paradise. Lots of content for the price (even if it's not still on sale), and very accessible for anyone new to racing games.

I also recommend, as a kart racer, Modnation Racers, though it is much less accessible than what you might expect from a game that appears to be oriented to juvenile or causal gamers. It, too, is actually quite deep, as I have spent well over 100 hours with it, not including the DLC career extender packs. Definitely a ton of racing fun, on an unlimited number of tracks created by the community, once you get the hang of the controls and gameplay mechanics.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Definitely Burnout Paradise

·
Registered
102 Posts
Burnout Paradise and Wipeout HD

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
blur didn't do very well, but I loved it

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
I'm more into racing sims so I'm not a big helper

I haven't played it yet but I might pick NFS : HP for my PC just for eye-candy. It got nice reviews

·
Registered
31 Posts
Grand Turismo 5.

Sure, you'll probably get sucked into playing hours and hours and hours of career mode, but there is quite a bit of arcade game play available too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
While looking for 3D games for my new TV I saw that Cars 2 got good reviews as a Mario Kart style racer with nice graphics, it also runs in 3D for the PS3 but haven't really found any reviews on the 3D effect of the game. Anyone try this one in 3D?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm2003
Split Second will put a smile on your face.
For about 20 minutes. MS:A is a much better game in the same genre. Every PS3 owner should own Wipeout HD and GT5 IMO.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgable
For about 20 minutes. MS:A is a much better game in the same genre. Every PS3 owner should own Wipeout HD and GT5 IMO.

Oh, I completely agree that Motorstorm Apocolypse is a better game.

If you're only gonna play for 20 min or so at a time, MS:A is going to be very frustrating on-line.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Burnout Paradise and MotorStorm work for me. I only rented MS, but it was fun in short bursts. BP is a blast... and given its current price its a steal as it will provide endless hours of entertainment, especially online. Any game that encourages you to smash into other cars, or go over ramps at insane rates of speed is going to be FUN!

GT5 is too sim focused to be considered easy or quick to play. However its the clear eye-candy winner if your into real life cars and all their details.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewman21 /forum/post/20885180

Thank you sirs! I will take a swing at Burnout paradise and wipeout HD. Thanks again!

Be sure to grab BP before the store update this afternoon/evening. The bundle was still $8 last time I checked, but that could change with the update.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts