AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to dive head first into a good Anime series. I'm looking for any suggestions. I've been out of the Anime scene for awhile now...ever since Ghost in Shell SAC 2nd GIG. And before that, Samurai Champloo. So its been awhile, and I'm sure there's been a hell of a lot of anime I've missed the past 2 years.

So basically, if you're into Anime like me, and you just finished watching a series yourself that you really liked, please speak up.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Big O, very cerebral giant robot/bond/batman type of show.

Great series.

FLCL. My fave series ever, it's short but excellent. Soundtrack rocks.

Robotech, a classic, long in depth series.

Trigun, another classic. I wish it was longer, good stuff in this one.

These are all a little older shows, but if you haven't seen them they are worth the time.

I kinda got out of anime a while ago, all the stereotypes just got too old for me, may be I just outgrew it.

I do still enjoy the feature legnth movies as long as they are stand alones.

I remember seeing (Warriors of the Wind) Nausicca way back on HBO in the 80's and had my mind blown.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've been enjoying Gokusen onm WAM, one of the Encore channels. Cowboy Bebop, Blue Seed, Azu Manga Daioh, Happy Lesson, Boogiepop Phantom, Ranma 1/2(actually anything by Rumiko Takahashi), Gatchaman, Magic User's Club and Hyper Police are all series that I enjoy.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Paranoia Agent is mesmerizing.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Blood Plus (51 ep)

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry - Higurashi ) (29?)

Death Note (30 ish).

Those are self contained story lines.

Bleach has me hooked for the moment. Been Catching up on Kenshin (Samurai X) which has like 120 episodes.

Now soon Sci-fi channel is to start Anime Monday, and there is always the Cartoon Networks Adult swim with Anime.

As I remember more ill post them.

PS friends seem to be in Naruto, i just cant seem to watch it.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/0

Blood Plus (51 ep)

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (When They Cry - Higurashi ) (29?)

Death Note (30 ish).

Those are self contained story lines.

Bleach has me hooked for the moment. Been Catching up on Kenshin (Samurai X) which has like 120 episodes.

Now soon Sci-fi channel is to start Anime Monday, and there is always the Cartoon Networks Adult swim with Anime.

As I remember more ill post them.

PS friends seem to be in Naruto, i just cant seem to watch it.

Adult Swim is moving towards the live action comedy stuff and moving away from the anime.

Saul of the Mole Men, is an example. Quite funny though.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Naruto had been very strong until about episode 120 when it diverged from the manga and went with about a 100 episodes of pure filler. It's now resumed course from the manga but still not quite as compelling as the beginning.

I have patience though it might get better.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Naruto Episodes 1-135

Naruto Shippuden 1-16 (currently airing in japan)

Bleach Season 1 - eps 1-65 (not sure where it ends)

Bleach Season 2 -eps 110-126 (currently airing in japan)

One Piece - eps 1-309 (starting on episode 209 they went HD widescreen)

Death Note - eps 1-33 (currently airing in japan)

For movies

Spirited Away

Howls Moving Castle

Princess Mononoke

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
for me

FLCL

Hellsing(the first series) never saw the redux

Witch Hunter Robin(mix of CSI and Carrie).

Samaurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

MOvies: Any Miazaki film, Ghost in the Shell eitehr one though the second makes little sense without first viewing the first.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytchone /forum/post/0

June 11 starts Ani-Monday on Sci-fi.

I thought Sci-Fi was going to do a adult swim type format. Play series. Seems they will be doing movies each week. What was unexpected was the Choice of a movie not in the US yet.

Ghost in the Shell. Solid State Society.
http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=64544

I hope they continue to 'premiere' movies with little or no exposer to the US public.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
My friend just showed me gunbuster 2 last night. Great series. It's by the FLCL team. It's a sequel to Gunbuster 1 but has nothing to do with the first series plot wise. like FLCL it's only 6 eps but the four I saw were tremendous. the last disc(the last two episodes) aren't released here yet but I'm awaiting them patiently actully I'm not I'm grabbing them from online then buying the last volume when it comes out.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Resurrecting an old thread. Can anyone recommend a good anime series based on Miyamoto Musashi?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.