AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section, but there are so many here, and I am just not sure the proper location. I will learn over time. Anyway, this brings me to my question. I am moving to a new place, and unfortunately, the wall I plan on mounting my Samsung LED TV is double brick, so hiding wires in the wall is out of the question. I have searched high and low for some nice cable raceways, but all I can find is the generic boxy plastic crap, or some decent stuff that costs $400,000. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas/sources on a nice way to externally hide some wiring? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Unless you are dead set on mounting the set, a stand with a built in mount would simplify things. Most have wire management systems that hide things pretty well.

I have never been a fan of mounting things that have weight to them on brick, but your skills may be better than mine.

·
Registered
538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu /forum/post/16940040

Unless you are dead set on mounting the set, a stand with a built in mount would simplify things. Most have wire management systems that hide things pretty well.

I just bought one of these from Tech Craft :

Got it for $250 TYD.

I have a Panny 54" G10 plasma on it, no problem. The stand is built like a tank.

Quote:
I have never been a fan of mounting things that have weight to them on brick

+1. Especially a TV...

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I don't see the fixation of wall mounting just because it now can be done.

To me if one wall-mounts, its HAS to occupy a large portion of that wall, no cables shown, and because wall mounting tend to be high (-er than table stand), theater-type seating maybe mandatory, certainly not in your typical home.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
You might call a A/V install company and get a quote. Even if it is brick it can be done most of the time. Older homes and exterior walls do make for more of a challenge though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.