AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this isn't really a HT question, but it'sthe closest related forum.

I now have all of my components in a large armoire, and cable management and heat buildup is a real problem. I'd like to leave the TV in the armoire, and move the components to a stand just to the side.

I'm looking to buy (not build) a simple, sturdy stand to hold 4 components:

HK AVR receiver -40 lbs

Toshiba DVD player -5-lbs

Toshiba VCR -5 lbs

Sony EQ- 5 lbs

I'm looking for something that is no wider (or not much wider) than the components, has a back channel to hide all the interconnects, and an open design (no doors, just shelves).

Something with a Silver or Black smooth rounded look would be nice.

Any ideas on specific brands or models?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Abekl:

your specifications are fully satisfied by the Bell'Oggetti AR-880 Audio Tower. I own two of these racks I can tell you that they are: 1) Sturdy yet light. 2) Beautiful, and 3) 100% WAF-proof.

Just my humble suggestion.

Good luck!

J.V. Gomez

·
Registered
48 Posts
Depends on what kind of look are you going for. Artsy-fartsy? modern? glass/metal/wood? functional?

I'm extremely happy with my Salamander Synergy-30. They are pretty basic, bordering on industrial, but do come in different finishes. The great thing about them is they are totally customizable(is that a word?). You buy the pieces you want to create the exact system you want (almost like leggos). Also they are built like tanks. The top, bottom, and one of the adjustable shelves can hold about 200 pounds(each). The rest of the shelves hold like 70 pounds and are infinitely adjustable.

I believe Tweeter carries them or you can buy direct at www.salamanderdesigns.com

Tyanger

·
Registered
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by J.V. Gomez
Abekl:

your specifications are fully satisfied by the Bell'Oggetti AR-880 Audio Tower. I own two of these racks I can tell you that they are: 1) Sturdy yet light. 2) Beautiful, and 3) 100% WAF-proof.

Just my humble suggestion.

Good luck!

J.V. Gomez
I had the AR-880 and really liked them, but my wife did not approve of the angled back look and wanted a more traditional linear up and down rack.

We sold the AR-880's and bought (2) AT-4203's. I like them just as much, but was a little more money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.