AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I just bought a new 50" S2 Panasonic Plasma. I love the TV so far, but the only thing is that I'm a little disappointed with the sound coming from the TV speakers.

I want to upgrade the sound but I'm unsure of the best way to do this and I'd like to do it as cheaply as possible. I've already spent most of my budget on the TV and the stand so I'm ideally looking to not spend too much more than $100.

I was looking around and saw a Vizio VSB soundbar for $99. Would this be a good option?

I really know nothing about audio. I don't really need incredible sound or anything. I just want something a little better than what my TV speakers can produce.

Anyone have any advice? Is a soundbar a good way to go? Is there any other alternative I should be looking at?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachtriv /forum/post/19534876

Ok so I just bought a new 50" S2 Panasonic Plasma. I love the TV so far, but the only thing is that I'm a little disappointed with the sound coming from the TV speakers.

I want to upgrade the sound but I'm unsure of the best way to do this and I'd like to do it as cheaply as possible. I've already spent most of my budget on the TV and the stand so I'm ideally looking to not spend too much more than $100.

I was looking around and saw a Vizio VSB soundbar for $99. Would this be a good option?

I really know nothing about audio. I don't really need incredible sound or anything. I just want something a little better than what my TV speakers can produce.

Anyone have any advice? Is a soundbar a good way to go? Is there any other alternative I should be looking at?

The $99 Vizio sound bar would not be a little better than your TV speakers. It should be a whole lot better. For $100 or less you can't go wrong.

By the way, many users when they first hear the soundbar think it does not sound that much different than just the speakers. Listen to it for about a week, the go back to the TV speakers. You should notice a major difference then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts