AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, looking to pull the trigger today on a new TV. It will be used mostly for console gaming/movies and quite a bit of PC gaming. It will be wall mounted about 8-10 feet away. I know when i hooked my PC up to my old 42 inch plasma that had a native resolution of 1080i, i couldn't read the text. I want to avoid this issue this time. I was looking at the VIZIO E701i-A3 from sams club for $1400. Do you guys have any suggestions? I would like to keep it around or under $1500.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you would go with a M551d-A2R 55-Inch over the E601i-650? I havn't been able to find anything on how the M series working with rendering PC text.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts

Amazon has some amazingly detailed reviews on the M551d-A2R.  I found on cnet's website that the response time for this tube is 5ms.  Will 5ms response time make a huge difference over the 6ms response time the E-series tube has?  Probably not!  However, FPS games usually look and perform better with faster response times.  I've read that it is recommended to stay under 5ms for a FPS game like Call of Duty or Battlefield.  Would this stop me from buying the 6ms tube?  If the price is right than absolutely not.  

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pulled the trigger on a M551d-A2R, thanks for the help guys. I'm hoping 55 inches is big enough for 6-8 feet away!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts