AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. I currently have an 8" Yamaha powered sub that is magentically shielded, as I still have a CRT TV. I wasn't able to find anything else at that time. Now I wanna get at least a 10" or maybe a 12" powered sub with magnetic-shielding. Thanks for some reccomendations!

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Velodyne makes some great subs and they are all shielded. Let us know you budget, room dimensions, and listening tastes and you will get plenty of recommendations.

Ian

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mailang, I will check out the the Velodyne site. It's a small room (my bedroom 9.5 x 13) and a small budget (under $500).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I checked out Velodyne's website. Turns out only certain subs are video shielded, and they are out of my price range. I'm gonna look at the Yamaha site and maybe Klipsch has some. Anyone know of any others?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Check out the Infinity PS-12.

·
Registered
8,700 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX1720
Well I checked out Velodyne's website. Turns out only certain subs are video shielded, :confused: and they are out of my price range. I'm gonna look at the Yamaha site and maybe Klipsch has some. Anyone know of any others?
I not sure why the Velodyne site lists only certain high end models that are shielded but I have a VX10 and the manual claims it is shielded, so one must assume the other ones are too. I will e-maill Joe Flynn at Velodyne, in the mean time I suggest you go on the Velo. support thread and pose this issue to Curt C.

Ian ;)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang
Velodyne makes some great subs and they are all shielded.
The DPS series subs are not magnetically shielded. I can't speak for the other ones, however.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya I read that certain Velodynes only were video shielded. I also looked at the Infinity PS-12 as recommended and it didn't say video shielded so I e-mailed them and they said no it wasn't. I knew it wasn't easy last time to find one. The HSU manual says ther are shielded but you still have to keep it 3 ft. from the TV and I dont think I will that my much room to play with. Right now my best bet seems to be the Yamaha . I'm not sure about the down-firing configuration though, anybody like/dyslike the down-firing subs? It will be in a carpeted bedroom.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.