AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DVDO that I have is simpicity in motion. I wish they had someting that scaled higher, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It detects a signal and turns on. It locks on to that signal and outputs it's signal. It auto detects the processing mode without fault. Once installed (about ten minutes) you can forget it's even there. You never have to see it again. It exists in the background, just the way I want it to. I tried to replace it with a Quadscan Elite HD for the higher resolutions it had available. The QSE is to much for the wife to deal with, in fact she stopped using the PJ because of the QSE. I also think it's a royal PIA being rack mounted 3 rooms away with no on screen display to aid in setup. So, thats what I'm looking for, DVDO simplicity with quality High resolution output. Set it and forget it...

Thanks,

Chip S.

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
First all you better watch out, the guys from the Ronco company will come after you (set it and forget it)

First all all, what kind of budget are you looking for

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just about pissed off enough now that it won't matter how much. I'm thinking about a Faroudja NRS, but am open to suggestions. I plan on dealing with this after the new year. I have new tubes ordered for my projector (NEC 9PG Plus), so I've got to get over that expense first. Next will be the processor. I'm sick of taking the experimental route, buying things only to find out that it does'nt do what I'd like it to do. I know what the Faroudja can be had for and would like to make that the price cap.

Thanks,

Chip S.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hey Chip, have you seen a CS-1 in action. I had my reservations but a friend came by and tried it with my projector and I gotta admit it was real simple to use and the picture quality was very good. We noticed artifacts, and when I switched back to HTPC they were even worse. Go figure. I think for the cash these are probably a pretty good buy. I'm tempted but don't have the extra coin as I've used it up on HTPC...

Alun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.