AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have decided to upgrade my beloved Marantz VP-8600. I have built an exercise room in my basement and will be moving the Marantz to that room. I suppose it is time to venture into the world of 1080P. I haven't kept up on all the latest and greatest the past few years as I have been more than satisfied with the Marantz. I need something with a similar throw, 102" screen, projector at about 15'4". I do not mind buying used or refurbished these days. I have been looking at a couple used JVC's here and there but am open to just about anything. My budget is between $1500-$2000. Room is a dedicated theater room that is light controlled.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after looking around a bit I am intrigued by the Mitsubishi HC4000. I think it may be a good idea for me to stick with DLP. My only problem is that pretty much all the Audio/Video stores around here have closed and I have to place to demo this unit. Anyone know how the Mits compares to the Matantz? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt34  /t/1419026/looking-for-a-new-projector#post_22198450

So after looking around a bit I am intrigued by the Mitsubishi HC4000. I think it may be a good idea for me to stick with DLP. My only problem is that pretty much all the Audio/Video stores around here have closed and I have to place to demo this unit. Anyone know how the Mits compares to the Matantz? Any other suggestions?

The HC4000 has had great reviews and should do well in the application you described. Guessing you are not interested in 3D?

May also want to look into the BenQ W6000 though not sure how easy they are to find anymore.

Some 3D capable units in your price range are the Optoma HD33, Acer H9500BD and at times the Benq W7000. All DLP as you mention you prefer DLP. By the way DLP is the best tech as of now for 0 ghosting for 3D.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply man4mopar I appreciate it. No 3D really isn't that important to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts