AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon.

My current Denon 3805 receiver is awesome, but lacks the HDMI standard that is found in every electronic device sold today. I am tempted up update as this is becoming an annoyance. Given the following criteria, what receiver would you recommend??

1. I have a $1000 budget
2. Audio quality is my highest priority
3. It must have at least 5 HDMI connections (TIVO, Fire Stick, Blu Ray, and iPad/are currently connected). Additional ports are nice, but not necessary.
4. I have a 5 speaker plus subwoofer setup. 7.1 is not necessary
5. I don't need streaming services
6. I don't need internet connectivity
7. I don't need multi zone
8. I don't need more than 100 watts per channel
9. I am brand agnostic
10. It should work with a universal remote

Thoughts?

Dan

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
DAN..
The 3805 was an awesome AVR in its day but now newer technologies/features are available.
Regarding brands, I would recommend U check out the Yamaha AVRs they are ranked #1 and one of the best customer support networks. They have multiple models @ various budget steps, check their website for a specific feature breakout they have a very useful comparison tool available.

Just my $0.02... ;)

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Just call JDSmoothie here at AVS for new or if refurb is good with you, accessories4less.com

Reactions: HotAhr

·
Registered
329 Posts
I second the Yamaha AVRs especially the Aventage lineup. Right now at Amazon you can get a near high end Yamaha Aventage receiver that will meet all your needs.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just call JDSmoothie here at AVS for new or if refurb is good with you, accessories4less.com

I too recommend that you give JDSmoothie a phone call. He knows his product line and is extremely knowledgeable about current models and where the industry is heading. You can find his phone number at the bottom of any of his posts in this forum. He's a great guy, easy to work with, and doesn't mind answering questions.

:cool:

Reactions: Squirrel!

·
Premium Member
90,354 Posts
You've got a number of choices in your budget, although all in your price range will be networking and 7CH models should you ever decide you want those features. Networking is nice as you can control the AVR from a smart phone or tablet anywhere in the house, although more important when using Zone speakers and in that other Zone (eg. patio). Call for more information and pricing on Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, and Pioneer AVRs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts