AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buyer that is requesting a retro looking record player that I can plug into his surround sound system via a stereo input on the back of his Denon receiver. I want it to be brand new but have a nice look to it so it will be a nice visual piece and usable as well.

Please let me know of any ideas you may have and links to product site if possible.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
667 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser99er  /t/1416680/looking-for-a-new-record-player-that-has-a-retro-look-to-it#post_22151162

I can plug into his surround sound system via a stereo input on the back of his Denon receiver.

Jason

It may take more than 'plugging it in' , not knowing the receiver be sure it has Phono pre amp, if not there will not be enough gain and you will need to add an external one......$25-$20,000.....whatever fit his budget !

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
May want to check out the Audio-Technic LP-120. Has an internal phono (which is just fair). Has a 1980's disco look.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A  /t/1416680/looking-for-a-new-record-player-that-has-a-retro-look-to-it/0_50#post_22364037

May want to check out the Audio-Technic LP-120. Has an internal phono (which is just fair). Has a 1980's disco look.

I have a red project debut iii and love it. It's not exactly retro, but it has a minimalist design and the Ferrari red really draws attention to the design and makes it a conversation piece. For the money, the debut iii and the newer debut carbon are really great values, but they do start at 300-400, and they require a phono preamp - I use a $40 art DJ pre ii.

The AT LP-120 is a decent choice at its price, but in terms of quality, the $250 denon Dp-300f is a much better TT in that price range. The denon is pretty generic looking, so that may eliminate it, but it's a solid performer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
"A retro looking record player" Isn't that being redundant? it's a table for playing records that went out of style 40 years ago

Take a look at the new table from VPI they're calling the Traveller, it's something like $1,299. I think your client would be very happy with this unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts