AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved into a new home, currently finishing up a new theater, and have multiple automation systems to integrate. At this point, I'm more concerned about the theater as I now need to install the lighting, to do that I need to make some bigger decisions about the type of automation system I will use.

I just need an hour or two with a professional consultant familiar with all the various automation options, the lighting and controllers.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
262 Posts
@ progprog are u local to where TYM is located..did u use them? If so, are u happy with them? Thank u.

·
Registered
9,660 Posts
@ progprog are u local to where TYM is located..did u use them? If so, are u happy with them? Thank u.
No, I'm not local to them. I came across them online because I was looking for remote consultation services. I haven't used them (yet), because I haven't settled on my equipment choice, but it does seem that they emphasize this aspect of their service. They obviously do local custom installation work, but they're kind of evangelical about making all these cool toys accessible to more people.

The OP didn't say where they're located, which made me assume they were looking for remote consultation. If you want someone local that can come look at your place, I'd search for custom installers that install multiple platforms (i.e., not just a Control 4 guy, or Crestron, or whatever). Otherwise, they're really apt to push their one platform on you, whether it's a good fit or not.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ty for ur response. I already have my Control 4 system installed. I was looking for someone to manage it remotely as I am not happy with the service from my local installer. Think he did install correctly..I cannot get in touch with him to tweak my system. Unfortunately in the area I live in there are not too many good options.

·
Registered
9,660 Posts
Ty for ur response. I already have my Control 4 system installed. I was looking for someone to manage it remotely as I am not happy with the service from my local installer. Think he did install correctly..I cannot get in touch with him to tweak my system. Unfortunately in the area I live in there are not too many good options.
That really sucks. Not to start "that" discussion, but this is why so many people are wary of CI products. That stuff is so expensive, yet user experience just seems far too dependent on the quality and integrity of the local installer, which is obviously very unpredictable.

I'd shoot TYM an email and see what they can do for you. If you don't like their reply, keep looking. I'm sure there are others who offer similar services. (You might find some over on the Remote Central forums.)

Aside from all that....how do you like Control 4? I'm in the market for a new system and I've narrowed it down to three, with C4 still in the running. I've read lots of horror stories about them, but it usually seems to come down to bad installers. Has the company itself been supportive?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts