AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard lots of good things about the Panasonic RP-56, but I would prefer to have coaxial output. My reciever has only one optical input and two coaxial outputs. Is there another DVD player that uses the same chip as the RP-56, costs about the same and also has coax out?

Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Anthony1 - you can get a TOSLINK-coax convertor for around 20 dollars. If the player pleases you the interface can be changed.

I own the RP56, it feeds a 50" Fujitsu plasma and I can assure you the image is off the charts. It reminds me of the cable/wire heresies. The 180 dollar player is superb.

regards,

patrick

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where do I get the coax adapter for 20 bucks? Also where do I get the player for $180? That is a good deal. The local stores in my area carry the player for $229.99.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Anthony1 - go to

http://www.partsexpress.com

use part number 180-961 for a lookup. The image is wrong but the item is not. You need an external power supply or some widget, check with them. The convertor, per say is 13 bucks. You may have the power supply?

A simple search on the web for the best price should flush out the RP56 under 200 without any pain at all. Start with pricewatch.com and poke around. I just saw it for $182.00.

For this price it is a /steal/. A no brainer.

regards,

patrick

·
Registered
599 Posts
The problem with the 180ish price is the shipping. Cheapest bottom line price I saw was $207 shipped, when I was looking a few weeks ago.

As far as I know, no one has purchased an RP56 for $180 delivered. Or even under $200 for that matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.