AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,393 Posts
Yes, CTX is made from same tube as the Princeton Graphics.

Proton has better tube/electronics but is a lot more expensive.

Digitalconnection.com used to sell the 32" widescreen Monivision for less than $800 and that model is the same as the AF3.0HD. However, it has been discontinued and no longer sold, as far as I know.

· Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips...I just talked with Shawn at Proton and he tells me they'll be getting a 32" widescreen monitor in the next few weeks. I'll try to do some more research and see if it's worth buying.

Ben

· Registered
201 Posts
I too am curious as to the specs of Proton's new line. The updated info on Proton USA 's website doesn't have detailed specs yet listed. The prices quoted look good. I just hope that the new DT-34H1 and DT-29H1 have the same native 720p capability as the HT-34A and HT-29A.

· Registered
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by benareeno
Thanks for the tips...I just talked with Shawn at Proton and he tells me they'll be getting a 32" widescreen monitor in the next few weeks. I'll try to do some more research and see if it's worth buying.

Ben

Hmm, I'll be interested in hearing about that also. So far all of the product I've heard of has been 4:3, not 16:9.

· Registered
1,393 Posts
I doubt the DT* series Proton displays would have 720p native capability or even VESA support as the specs are more like a consumer-grade HDTV and there isn't even a VGA input. The HT* series displays do have both capabilities and are designed as computer monitors.

· Registered
201 Posts
It's a shame that the HT series monitors aren't being listed as available on Proton's US website. They are still showing on the Taiwanese page. I've aksed more detailed specs on the new units and will hopefully receive a response.

I've thought a bit about NetTV's product. They're rebadged Sampos. I've found on price for the 34" 4 DTV-34XFT3 4:3 monitor at approx. $1200. Displays 480i, 480p, 720p, and 1080i. Only downsides I can tell is I'd be stuck feeding 480p & HD thru the VGA port, but I've already got a transcoder. I can't seem to get a straight answer on wether the component input supports above 480i; it's listed as YCbCr.

· Banned
45 Posts
From a previous owner of the 'too' small in *diaginol* 30 inch screen, primarily that's why I sold it and bought a bigger by '9' inches HDTV. You sure your going to be happy down the road with such a small screen to view? 32 inches is the diaginol view not the true view us human beings use which is the vertical and horizonal. I tape measured my new 39 inch at the time I first seen it in the store and got 19.5 inches vertical with a 34.125 in width(34 and 1/8 inch).

· Registered
201 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by canue
From a previous owner of the 'too' small in *diaginol* 30 inch screen, primarily that's why I sold it and bought a bigger by '9' inches HDTV. You sure your going to be happy down the road with such a small screen to view? 32 inches is the diaginol view not the true view us human beings use which is the vertical and horizonal. I tape measured my new 39 inch at the time I first seen it in the store and got 19.5 inches vertical with a 34.125 in width(34 and 1/8 inch).
Often you're locked into a maximum size you can accomodate, depending on room size, capacity of entertainment center, etc. And sometimes it can be a VERY hard sell to ditch a very nice entertainment center that was just bought two years ago and matched the rest of the den furniture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.