AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, I'm looking to get a projector for the bedroom. I don't know the measurements and don't have anything I can measure with, but i'd say it's roughly 5.5m-6m(L)X2.5-3M(W). Got around £500 and looking at LED projectors for lamp life.

Was looking at the Vivitek QUMI but over here it's selling around £500-£700ish so looking at other options. Is a Samsung F10M a decent projector and if anyone has experience with it is it a decent buy at £500?

I'm fairly ignorant to a lot of things so I'd love to be enlightened! Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any help? I'm curious as to whether I should be waiting for the new LED projectors to come down in price or just jump for some of the few available?

720P would be great but if XGA isn't that much different would that be acceptable?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check out the optoma HD65 it can do 720p and emulate 1080p i have had mine for almost 2 yars now and the lmap still has many many hours on it and I use it 2 days a week for like 10 hours a time sometimes. I have a 120" glass bead screen and the projector sits 14" feet away from it, so i get about 115" nice projector is i do say so
hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcaticus /forum/post/20810983

Hey thanks for the suggestion, it looks fantastic but I'm needing lamp life as I'm quite an avid viewer of movies and games.

Thanks for that though!

Casio has a XJ series of green LED projectors. They might be a bit higher than your price range. Not sure the prices in the UK. But keep in mind, it won't be 1080p. It will be native in 4:3 aspect ratio as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Ale /forum/post/20811211

Before the Qumi came out I was looking at the acer k11, it's led and should be fine for a bedroom. Not sure about the price though. Pretty close to cedia at this point, I'd wait.

check out the acer k11 topic.

and the acer k330 topic.

I'm looking at the projectors in the The Three 1280x800 LED Clones topic.

A lot of these new LED projectors coming out look great, especially the Viewsonic and Acer. Hope they'll launch at a decent price point for me (Around £500-£600 :p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumpchange21 /forum/post/20813299

Casio has a XJ series of green LED projectors. They might be a bit higher than your price range. Not sure the prices in the UK. But keep in mind, it won't be 1080p. It will be native in 4:3 aspect ratio as well.

Saw those but not really sure if I should get one, I would if I could find a cheaper version (around £400-£500ish) but a lot of them seem to be over that.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well Cedia is around the corner. See what they release this year

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
The Casio's are also available in the new WXGA format, that is 16:10 1280X800. The units are not as cheap here as in the US, generaly we pay the same amount in Euro's plus tax at 19%. I guess there may be better deals around these days as supply was kept limited last year, with limited discounts to the list price. And they use Blue Lasers with a yellowish green phosphor filter.

At 400-500 UKP, you are confined to regular bulb machines, so compare the replacement bulb prices and pick one of the WXGA projectors in that price range.

He's better of looking for IFA news, it is closer than CEDIA and features European launches.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry about the bump but should I get a Casio Green Slim (Saw the XJ-A240 for £800-900 last time I looked) or get something like the Acer K330 or Optoma ML500 if/when it's released here in the UK?

Sorry again and thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.