AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Onkyo HT-S6200 and recently it's stopped... functioning.. correctly. It will play hd or sd video from my cable DVR just fine immediately after being turned on, but can't switch sources (HDMI or component) until it's been on for around 10 minutes.

I plan on getting this one repaired (under warranty) and give it to my parents, but since I can't live without a receiver for 3-4 weeks, I'm going to be buying a replacement. I was pretty set on going with the Onkyo TX-SR607. After looking around, especially here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1229920 I decided that the 607 might not be my best option. I was just going to post there but I didn't want to hijack that thread.

I'm actually looking at the refurbished Onkyo 806 or Denon 989 as possible alternatives. The only real constraints I have are needing 4 HDMI inputs and the ability to output component (Wii and PS2) over HDMI.

Now as for the "other things." I figured since I'm replacing the receiver, I may as well replace a few speakers. I don't know if I should ask here or post in a different section, but I was looking at the Infinity Primus P362's and probably the PC350 center. I don't know if there's anything else comparable in that price range (~$600 shipped) or if those would be too much for my sub or surrounds. Now if there's some trick to repairing my receiver without missing it for a month, I'd love to just add 4 152's to the order (or a new sub).

Any advice would be great... I'm a computer geek, but still pretty new with A/V equipment.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I say go with the 806.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts