AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now own a Pioneer Elite receiver and when i go to turn up the volume i have hold down the volume button on the remote and it is very slow increasing or decreasing. Is there another brand which seems to work faster at increasing the volume?

·
Registered
2,270 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid53 /forum/post/19555925

I now own a Pioneer Elite receiver and when i go to turn up the volume i have hold down the volume button on the remote and it is very slow increasing or decreasing. Is there another brand which seems to work faster at increasing the volume?

Denon has progressive volume control. If you keep volume up/down button pressed on remote, it speeds up change of volume after a second or so.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
Did you check to see if you could change the increment from .5 dB to something higher?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 /forum/post/19556138

Denon has progressive volume control. If you keep volume up/down button pressed on remote, it speeds up change of volume after a second or so.

yep..hold down too long with a denon and you will be @ reference level in a hurry.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdntrxi /forum/post/19556213

yep..hold down too long with a denon and you will be @ reference level in a hurry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/19556408

In fact it's so fast that some folks actually complain about it in the Denon threads.

it was certainly one of things i noted when i got the marantz... the volume ramp rate is WAY too fast on "press and hold".... especially if one is used to really leaning on the "volume up" button....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts