AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

So I picked up a great deal on a set of hardly used berkline 086 theater seats. The only problem with any of them is 1 of the actuators for the power recline has a broken plastic gear inside. Since they have gone out of business and the chairs are from 04 its been difficult finding a part. I was hoping someone on here would know of where to find a part for this or an alternative replacement. It dosent look like I can get it apart more than it is. Hopefully someone can help.

Attached are 2 pictures of the broken piece.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
All,

So I picked up a great deal on a set of hardly used berkline 086 theater seats. The only problem with any of them is 1 of the actuators for the power recline has a broken plastic gear inside. Since they have gone out of business and the chairs are from 04 its been difficult finding a part. I was hoping someone on here would know of where to find a part for this or an alternative replacement. It dosent look like I can get it apart more than it is. Hopefully someone can help.
Did you ever find a solution ?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
This one from Amazon is not a 100% replacement but it did fit and was the same length. It did not retract the chair 100%. You do not notice it unless you know what to look for.

Mophorn Replacement Parts for Lift Sofa 29V DC Stroke Length 1000N/220LBS 13.4"/340mm
by Mophorn
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D51PPB7/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_JP3MDb0DGYNEH

10/11/19 UPDATE:
I was able to get the new actuator to work 100%.

The replacement actuator would not close the footrest 100%. After thinking about it for a while I add a second set of holes between the original hole and the bracket that attaches to the nylon slide. The new holes are mabey a half an inch from the original holes. This pulls the footrest in just enough to close completely and the motor stops without stressing the gears. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Replacement for CIAR SpA 61100 LM25 Motor

Thanks for the link to the replacement you used from Amazon. Do you have any pictures of the replaced actuator? Did you use the whole new actuator or only the motor portion. Also, thanks for the tip on adding new holes to have the fit correct!

I had one of the CIAR LM25 get stuck in the open position and am now looking to get mine functional again. :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts