AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a Mit WD60C10 and we are looking for a decent pair of glasses, and a RF emitter that will be compatible. Anyone have any ideas on where we can buy just the RF emitter, and then buy some x103's? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
697 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster /forum/post/19562060

We just bought a Mit WD60C10 and we are looking for a decent pair of glasses, and a RF emitter that will be compatible. Anyone have any ideas on where we can buy just the RF emitter, and then buy some x103's? Thanks in advance!

Mits sells an IR emitter; I don't know about a RF emitter.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for the replies. If we can't find a RF emitter we might get the IR one from Mit. I've seen wired glasses on the cheap, but they seemed to have Headphone jack ends, how would they hook to my Mit WD60C10?

Edited: We've found another setup and I am wondering if it's a good deal or not:

http://www.ultimate3dheaven.com/x3dhdhre3dre.html

What kind of quality does X-Force put out 3D-wise? Are they as good as other 3D glasses? This kit comes with a transmitter and much more. What do you guys think of it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Got mine from EBAY 3DTV - emitter that works with my set of Xpand 103's - also 3DTV sells lower priced shutter glasses as long as you don't get their CS model (not on the same IR frequency as the Xpand 103) - you'll have to get 3DTV's model U (will work on the same IR freq as the Xpand 103)

I have Mits 73737, with 3DTV emitter and 4xU model 3DTV shutter glasses and 4xXpand 103's - works great: here's my settings

3DTV IR Emitter - blinking red mode

3DTV U shutter glasses - pink blinking light mode

Xpand 103 shutter glasses - 5 blinks mode

Note - the 3DTV glasses are $85 while the Xpand 103's are $129 - so the price is much better; PQ seems to be the same, comfort is better with the U and fits my toddler at least more comfortably for sizing the little ones, U is rechargeable while the 103 use C2032 batteries, Xpand slightly better if you have to fit them over glasses

Even with the cost, I'm keeping the Xpands due to fitting better over glasses...considering getting more U glasses to make it an even dozen 3D glasses

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamster /forum/post/19562821

Thank you both for the replies. If we can't find a RF emitter we might get the IR one from Mit. I've seen wired glasses on the cheap, but they seemed to have Headphone jack ends, how would they hook to my Mit WD60C10?

Edited: We've found another setup and I am wondering if it's a good deal or not:
http://www.ultim
ate3dheaven....hdhre3dre.html

What kind of quality does X-Force put out 3D-wise? Are they as good as other 3D glasses? This kit comes with a transmitter and much more. What do you guys think of it?

Note - the 3dheaven emitter notes if using more glasses to buy their more powerful emitter. The 3DTV emitter is powerful enough to have multiple glasses and only recommends going to their small theater emitter if area is larger than 30'x30' and for around 100 glasses coverage. The home 3DTV emitter depending on the mode actually messes with the other controllers (TV, AVR, Blueray, etc.) - I just turn the emitter aside or cover the central emitter light to allow the use of the other controllers.

·
Registered
492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nels0n2010 /forum/post/19730324

Note - the 3dheaven emitter notes if using more glasses to buy their more powerful emitter. The 3DTV emitter is powerful enough to have multiple glasses and only recommends going to their small theater emitter if area is larger than 30'x30' and for around 100 glasses coverage. The home 3DTV emitter depending on the mode actually messes with the other controllers (TV, AVR, Blueray, etc.) - I just turn the emitter aside or cover the central emitter light to allow the use of the other controllers.

FYI, Mitsubishi will be willing to sell you the emitter for $48, tax and S/H, but they will give you the runaround. I had to call 2 numbers, and while they said they'd call me back the next day, they called me back a week later. I didn't want to deal with anymore hassle so I just ordered it from a third party. Though they will price gouge you for it (about $40+ more...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts