AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just recently purchased a Samsung LCD 240hz TV and a new PS3. Now I am looking for a HT system with a budget of $1500. I'd like to keep it simple and I am not good with technology at all. So far, I like the DT Procinema 600 over the Mirage Nanosat 5.1, but still up in the air with other speakers and receivers. I have vaulted ceilings and narrow living room. About 12 feet from the sofa wall to the tv wall, pretty long from left to right...maybe 30 feet?

Any suggestions of a nice combo? I really would like to use Best Buys 36 months interest free program if possible, but they are limited to Mirage, DT, and a few others as speakers, and for receivers - Denon, Onkyo, and a >$1000 Pioneer and Yamaha. The DT 600 is a package while the 800 and 1000 series are separates.

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
At Best Buy I think your on a good track here. ABR's are going out of date quickly these days. Put the bulk of your cash into your speakers.

Simple is a tough one. Most modern AVR's offer so many features it makes them all decently complex to setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNnDENVER /forum/post/18197472

At Best Buy I think your on a good track here. ABR's are going out of date quickly these days. Put the bulk of your cash into your speakers.

Simple is a tough one. Most modern AVR's offer so many features it makes them all decently complex to setup.

Denon and a DT Pro 600 sound pretty decent ? or should I look into 800 or 1000?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts