AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Router: Huawei HG8245

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know where I can buy the cable with SC connector as both of its ends?

Currently, we have (and use) the two metres cable version (it's using LSZH, I think)—it's included with the router when the fiber optic device thing got installed. However, the cable's too short (the WiFi signals are low for some of us) that the router has to positioned at the edge of the house (the device is installed there; can't do anything).

I need at least 15 metres (50 feet) to be able to place the router at the most strategic location: the center of the house.

Amazon only have around eight metres (not to mention the abundance of audio cables). There's only one in eBay (and I'm still waiting for the seller's response regarding the connector).

The closest one so far is this one , but the dust cap (?) is protruding out. Is that still the same thing as the one I'm using?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
According to the colour coding mentioned in Wikipedia , the one we're using is a single-mode (yellow jacket, blue connector).

The manual doesn't mentioned anything about using what cable. About the only information is regarding the optical transceiver . I checked with this network optics chart and it sort of falls in the SMF category.

That aside, the ones in your link are all duplex; I doubt they will fit into the optical connection as there's only one slot. Or are duplex splittable?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

What are you trying to accomplish? According to the manual this is an sc/apc connector for the Uplink Fiber connection which would go to your Provider. They should be providing this connection to your equipment.

I did a quick google search for sc/apc and came up with a bunch of hits so getting a jumper shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69  /t/1520542/looking-for-a-simplex-sc-sc-optical-fiber-cable-for-router#post_24432130

What are you trying to accomplish?

The majority of people in the house had to be near the router (which is at the living room). If the router's placed in the middle of the house, everyone will get good signals in their own rooms. (We used to have the router in the middle, but had to reposition due to an issue which is too complicated to be discussed here; I don't even know the details myself).

Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse69  /t/1520542/looking-for-a-simplex-sc-sc-optical-fiber-cable-for-router#post_24432130

According to the manual this is an sc/apc connector for the Uplink Fiber connection which would go to your Provider. They should be providing this connection to your equipment.

It's provided, albeit only three metres. And, damn right, it's actually an SC/APC cable. (In fact, it's actually green; I must have been day-dreaming). Shame, I couldn't edit the thread.

Anyway, I found what I want at fibertronics. Hope I could breeze through the checkout without much hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts