AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a Sony Satellite Speaker for a 7.1 setup. The model # is SS-MSP1. It is a small satellite speaker that was part of a Home Theater In-A-Box package I bought a couple years ago (HT-5100).

I have since upgraded everything except for these satellites and need an additional one for my new receiver.

Any ideas where I might find one? I've checked eBay and Sony doesn't sell them seperately. :(

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Keep looking, do various searches with a meta-search-engine like dogpile.com. Or live without the extra speaker maybe, or begin to upgrade them a pair at a time, to an even better speaker model.

·
Registered
663 Posts
are these the speakers you are looking for?
http://store6.yimg.com/I/plazma-elec...s_1695_1792262

if so, honestly don't waste your time or money. i checked them out a few years ago at frys, and you could do so much better for a minimal investment. even getting 3 new speakers across the front, and using the rest for surrounds should be a vast improvement.

if price is a concern, look int the omage av21, or the metal cabinet satellites at radio shack. they are all $50/speaker or less.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually the middle speaker is the one I was looking for.

http://i22.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/af/c4/c2_1.JPG

I figured the speakers weren't the greatest since they were from a HT-in-a-box, but my gf likes how small and unintrusive they are. I found them on auction and asked the seller what his minimum would be for them. I got the three (only need the middle one) for $15.00 plus shipping.

Out of curiosity, do you have a link to the RS speakers you were talking about? I know I should probably upgrade the speakers, but in order to keep the gf happy I need them to be relatively small and in a silver finish.

Any suggestions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.