AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a universal box or are they all designed to accept other manufacturers add on components?

Can someone point me to a panel that fits or tell me what to look for when buying?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
There is no universal box. Several of the manufactures share mounting styles, but not all of them.

That being said, most manufactures have a "universal plate" that fits their mounting style and allows you to mount other styles onto that plate.

I have several Channel Vision 50" boxes and would recommend them. Always get the biggest box that you can fix in your space. You will find ways of filling it up. You always hear of people that bought smaller boxes that wish they had bought bigger initially because they have run out of room.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sic0048 /forum/post/15435408

Always get the biggest box that you can fix in your space. You will find ways of filling it up. You always hear of people that bought smaller boxes that wish they had bought bigger initially because they have run out of room.

I put a 30" box in my son's house, and after I had terminated the voice & date modules I was sort of wishing that I had bought a smaller box. By the time I was done -- let's just say that I bought a 42" box for my house.

·
Registered
901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by egnlsn /forum/post/15438166

I put a 30" box in my son's house, and after I had terminated the voice & date modules I was sort of wishing that I had bought a smaller box. By the time I was done -- let's just say that I bought a 42" box for my house.

You wished you had bought a smaller box, but then you bought a bigger box for your place?

·
Registered
6,130 Posts
Search cocoontech.com for 'enclosure' for some tips, and images.

Also, search AVS for 'enclosure' for some tips.

And, post back with your solution/progress.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.