AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, this is my first post on this board, it sounds like this is a very good resource!

My current setup is a Denon AVR-1600 Receiver, an Advent HD2751A 27 inch progressive scan HDTV crt. I have B&W 600 series all the way around. As you can tell I'm more of a budget HT enthusiast. Nonetheless, here I am looking for a DVD player. I would like something with an HDMI connection as I'm sure I will get a new TV down the line that will have an HDMI interface, so I want to be prepared for when that day arrives, for now I will just be using the component interface. Secondly, my old Denon can only accept a 48khz signal, does this prevent me from using modern DVD players, or will they downsample to 48 khz digital signals? I have looked at the Samsung HD850, but I am just a little overwhelmed at all the options that I have available to me! If anyone would enlighten me as to what to look for and make some recommendations on the best player, that would be greatly appreciated. I would really prefer to spend less than $200, but if you can convince me otherwise, I may be persuaded into spending more :p

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.