AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my father was interested in getting a 7.1 surround sound system and after about week of reading this forum and with the help of forum member/s I have decided on the following speakers. The only thing I need now is the subwoofer.

Can you refer me made subwoofers and no DIY ones.

Receiver: Haven't decided yet but was thinking either the Denon 790 or 890.

Front: Rf-82 (x2)

Centre:RC-62

Surround(side and rear): RS-52 (x4)

Some things to help ya out:

Budget: about $1000 CND (less is better)

Room Dimensions: 40ft (L) x 10ft, 9in (W) x 7ft, 5in (H)

Primary uses: 70% Movies, 10% Music, 20% Gaming

Room Layout:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Recommendations?

Your help is appreciated!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Is that Canadian dollars that I see? Hah. It's tough to find fairly priced subs here. I think SVS has a dealer, HSU may ship here, and Elemental Designs ships here too, but it's expensive.

What about a DIY project? I just recently purchased the equipment needed to make a 15" sealed box with the SDX15 driver. The good news is that you can buy most the stuff in Canada, and save duties or exchange rate.

You would still have to make the box though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, Canadian dollars. I was recommended the "PB12-NSD Powered Box Sub, 12" NSD Woofer / Black ." Is that a good subwoofer for my room size?

I don't think I can do the DIY subwoofer. I'd rather have it bought already made.

Also, anyone know any canadian dealer online or retailer that I can buy a Rc-62 centre from?

·
Registered
588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjiken /forum/post/16967337

Yeah, Canadian dollars. I was recommended the "PB12-NSD Powered Box Sub, 12" NSD Woofer / Black ." Is that a good subwoofer for my room size?

I don't think I can do the DIY subwoofer. I'd rather have it bought already made.

Also, anyone know any canadian dealer online or retailer that I can buy a Rc-62 centre from?
http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=KLIP...c-62&_osacat=0

I found 3 on Ebay.ca. Hard to find anything here.

As for your room size, someone else will have to chime in, since I've never owned that sub, and my room is not very big.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Your room is massive, the total open area is what your sub will attempt to fill, not just the viewing area. I suggest picking up two of these OccamAudio SD12 kits which are $600ca shipped. Yes it is a bit over budget, but each of these subs is about the equal of a PB12+, and having two in your room will greatly increase your ability to achieve realistic bass and keep up with your speakers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay1 /forum/post/16967991

Your room is massive, the total open area is what your sub will attempt to fill, not just the viewing area. I suggest picking up two of these OccamAudio SD12 kits which are $600ca shipped. Yes it is a bit over budget, but each of these subs is about the equal of a PB12+, and having two in your room will greatly increase your ability to achieve realistic bass and keep up with your speakers.

I prefer to have pre-built speakers and also I have never built a speaker before.

I was recommended the PB12-NSD, will it perform well in my room?

·
Registered
4,512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjiken /forum/post/16968032

I prefer to have pre-built speakers and also I have never built a speaker before.

I was recommended the PB12-NSD, will it perform well in my room?

You can buy The finished sub for $780ca shipped. Your room is kinda big for a single 12"...

The Occam sub should outperform the pb12-nsd, it has a better woofer and bigger amp.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts