AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an alternative to framing in my glass block in the basement I have decided (well my wife did) to install a sheet of etched glass in a frame in front of the block. It will give the light when needed but seeing that it will be translucent (no ugly glass block to look at). So I called the glass store that I have used several times before for several other projects and asked what it would cost to have something done. They tell me they send out etching and that its really not even etching at all, rather a sticker kindathing. I’m not going to pay for that so I went out and bought some spray paint that looks like etching when done but now I am looking for stencils. I find some on the net but nothing that I am looking for. Perhaps it is because I really don’t know what the name is for what I am looking for. The could corners that cross over like boxes and stuff like that is what I’m looking for. It would be GREAT to find a GOOD wingdings file would be PERFECT! I plan on making the stencil and then making a negative of it and apply it to the glass with contact paper- spray it and remove the contact paper. WOOT!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
You need to go googling for "clipart + frame" and "clip art + border"

Eventually you should find what you are looking for. Be aware though that looking for clip art is like looking for computer wallpaper, lots of sites out there that just send you round in circles.

It is out there though.

Good hunting.

- Rick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.