AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Electronic Programming Guide on my UTV has a very nice layout which includes the locals and my DTV Total Choice Plus programming package. However, when I hunt for movies I want to watch, and I want to cover the next two weeks in a relatively short time, the UTV EPG doesn't cut it.

The Internet has worked very well for this. Listings such as TV Guide and Zap2It are fairly fast with my broadband connection. The only thing I am missing out on (with some of the best Internet TV listing services) is the ability to combine Directv listings with local channel listings.

Does anyone know of a (free) Internet TV listing service that will allow both antenna and Directv listings to be combined and customized?

As is I do one 2-week sweep with Directv channels chosen and another with antenna channels chosen.

It would also be nice to find a service as customizable as Clicktv.com used to be. That service was great because you could customize what appeared in the grid. I would put actor info and date info there so I could quickly find a recent movie with favorite actors without having to click and bring up the detailed program information.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Have you looked at Gist TV Listings ( http://www.gist.com/tv/ ). The last time I did any serious setup of my info you couldn't "combine" local, cable, and satellite. But you could create separate logins for each type of listing. This might have changed with the big push for locals over D-TV in Dec. Also, a nice feature is that you can have the information emailed to you or synced to a Palm.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked Gist and you can't do it there, but some guy on the Tivocommunity forum noted that Directv gives you both. I tried that with Directv.com the first time I signed it and it didn't work. But after trying it today it was working. The listings aren't so hot, but it is the only way I have seen to do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.