AVS Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So our CRT is on the fritz and thus the decision to do the LCD thing has been forced upon us a bit earlier than expected. I was planning on doing a bunch of research before I made my decision, but now I've gotta buy something relatively quickly.

Based on previous research I think we've decided to go with an LCD instead of plasma. We're basically looking for a wall-mountable 40"-46" LCD which does a good job with "regular" TV as well as being able to handle the HD stuff. We'll be sitting about 10 feet away from the screen, and glare is a minor issue in this room. Do you guys have any recommendations? What sort of features should I be looking for? In other words what matters and what doesn't? For example, I recall reading that 1080 is a waste of money in this size range if you're 10 feet away. Is that true?

Also any recommendations on good online resources for further information on what I need to know to make a good decision would be very welcome. I'm sure I'm not the only one who hates to make an uninformed decision on a purchase like this; I need to learn quickly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts