AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, newbie here. We just bought a Mitsubishi lt-40148 with the thin frame to fit our entertainment center. After about two hours, we noticed that flashlight effect in the upper corners-really big and bright on the right side. We exchanged the tv yesterday and the new one also has some flashlights in the corners, although they are much better than before. I know that this is a fairly common issue with LCD's, but I'm wondering if this is something that usually gets better or worse over time. They don't show up until the tv has been on for a couple of hours and the top feels warm. Thanks!

Sharlee

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
The backlight was originally on the highest setting and lowering it definitely helped with the flashlights on this second tv. Do you know if they usually stay the same over time or tend to get better or worse?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Well if my computer monitor, an HPLi1906, is any indication, the flashlighting has stayed the same for the past year, I'm not sure if the lighting in a computer monitor is the same as an LCD but FWIW it hasn't gotten worse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts