AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking in shop today at Samsung PS50C6800 3D TV

i had seen this one on line shop Samsung PS50C6900

My question is what are the differences between these two models if any?

Is it just a different number due to extra's included with the tv ?

didnt notice it was different untill i returned home and checked it against one i viewed online.

Also many people say i will have trouble with image retention

quote from review i found online. is this something major that should concern me ?

Another point of note that affects almost all users of the Samsung PS50C6900, but especially video gamers, is image retention. Like all of the Samsung (and LG) Plasma displays we've reviewed, users of the PS50C6900 will become acquainted with this irritating phenomenon very, very quickly. A static graphic only has to be on screen for a couple of minutes for it to leave a shadowed after-image later. The good news is that the retention clears up almost as quickly as it appears in the first place, and should only really prove troublesome after viewing, rather than during

i hope this is in the right section as this is the first good site ive come across that i think will help me in my choice for deciding finally on the samsung before i buy

·
Registered
221 Posts
Because these are U.K. models, research was difficult to find.

If I had to guess, it probably is something small like 1 more HDMI connection. Sorry, I can't more than that.

I hate to send you elsewhere, but avforums might be more helpful, because they have more experience with U.K. TVs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
germanplumber thanks for that

got to have a look today at the Samsung PS50C6900 today it s slimmer and the connection on the back connect in side ways with the screen so it could be mounted more flush on the wall other one PS50C6800 connects in stright to the back of the panel if you know what i mean and screen is thicker on this model not a lot when your only talking 3 inch's thick anyhow i think the Samsung PS50C6900 is the one i will go with as i would like it mounted as smoothlined as possible and if not it has a nicer stand

cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts