AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own Definitive Technology Bipolar BP3000, the center CLR3000 and BPVX rear speakers. I seem to have the damdest time setting up the front speakers so they sound good. Since I've owned them I've had to relocate them 3 times and each time it takes me about 2 weeks to find the best way to set them up ie: disatance from the wall, facing in or out.

Im looking to just get general advice on what other people have to say regarding bipolar speaker set up. Do they sound best bi or tri wiring? There are to kinds of bass inputs in the back whats the difference?

Thanks

· Registered
3,947 Posts
Hey, PC. Assuming your mains have the same input panel/amp as mine, and your amps have two sets of terminals per channel, try my hook-up method:

I have the tweeters and mid-woofers bi-wired as Sunfire suggests, and the sub line-level ins fed via RCA cables from full-range (not sub) outputs from my pre/pro, meanini I use no terminal links. This gives me stereo subs, and the crossover function is done by the speakers, as DefTech suggests.

My pre/pro's bass mgt. is set for 'no sub' and fronts set for 'large', so the LFE (mono) and main channels' lows (stereo) all go to the main speakers. You could almost call my setup 'tri-wired', since the treble, mid-bass, and sub-bass travel via separate wires.

My towers are set at about 22.5º toed-in (1/2 of 45º), with the back-inside corner 20" from the wall behind them, and the back-outside corners about 30" from the side walls, which places them about 9' apart. They each point at the nearest end of the sofa, so they don't cross-fire.

By the way, my speakers are the original BP-2000's (not the TL series), the CLR-2000 center, a pair of BP-X's on the sides, and a pair of BP-20's as rears. My room is 16' wide and 25.5' long. Amps are Sunfire Stereo (300 W x 2) on the mians and Sunfire Cinema Grand (200 W x 5) on the rest.

My room is filled with great sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.