AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an Outlaw LFM-1 compact. It sounds really good. I am just really interested in the SVS cylinder subs. I was thinking of going to the new PC12-PLUS. That would increase my driver from a 10" to a 12". It also increases the power from around 300 to 525watts. I am not really looking for more volume. The LFM-1 is plenty of volume for my space. I am looking for more lower extension. Is the SVS good with music, along with movies?

·
Banned
3,550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty4ut /forum/post/15508086

I got an Outlaw LFM-1 compact. It sounds really good.

That is a nice sub. I would not fix thiings if they are not broken. What about getting some butkickers?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure that I have heard of them? More info

OK I googled them. Might be worth looking into. Thanks

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
The PC12-Plus should offer a good deal more extension than the LFM-1 Compact. The LFM-1 Compact is rated -2dB at 25hz. The PC12-Plus in its stock tune is -3dB closer to 20hz. However, you can also plug one of its ports, tuning the PC12-Plus to 16hz (likely getting you down around 13-14hz in-room). Depending on the content you listen to, the PC12-Plus would represent a very noticeable improvement in terms of deep bass. It should also be capable of higher output than the LFM-1 Compact, and will likely have better sound quality as well. As SteveMo said, the LFM-1 Compact is a good sub, but if you're really feeling the urge to upgrade, I think the PC12-Plus would be a substantial step up, especially in terms of deep extension.

·
Registered
8,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty4ut /forum/post/15511039

I am not sure that I have heard of them? More info

OK I googled them. Might be worth looking into. Thanks

buttkickers don't do the same thing. They don't shake the air around you like a sub that can put out over 100 db at 20 Hz, OUTDOORS. Much louder in your living room.

There is a lot of music and movies that DON'T contain much content below 25 Hz, but when it is there, having a sub that can do full justice to that material is something you won't want to give up after you get used to it.

The PC-12 Plus would be a substantial step up for you. It has a 4th generation driver in a big enclosure. It will play both signficantly louder and deeper than your LFM-1. And it should for 3 times the price.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for confirming what I already believed. I am getting the new OPPO bdp-83. Once I get it, then maybe I can talk the wife into an SVS sub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts