AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A number of us have posted lately about noticing a bending of the image on the lower left hand corner when the PJ is ceiling mounted. However I have not seen anyone that has posted NOT having this issue. Please post whether your 7205 has this issue or not.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Can you post a screen shot? I haven't noticed this, but I have the image overscanned a bit...

·
Registered
251 Posts
My MT-800 has the same problem, I just overscaned the image a

bit.

Just so you no, perfection is unattainable with the MT-800 and the 7205. If you are happy with the image quality and the projector works be happy with that. I've owed 2 MT-8 and so far 2 MT-800 all of which had some problem in one way or another. If it works don't fix it. although you should get perfection for $10000.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by krasmuzik
For those of you with the problem - what is your throw ratio?

Projector_distance/screen_width
My screen is a Stewart Firehawk 16X9 123"dia- 60"X107"

The PJ is ceiling mounted mounted at 17.5'

·
Registered
396 Posts
i've got mine ceiling mounted, abt 18.5' away, onto a 115'' clearpix 2 (actually 114.75'') - i have never noticed any problem, tho i must say the picture does not have that 'wow' factor i thought it would have.

tobe fair, i have seen the sharp 12000 and a runco, and they too did'nt wow me. maybe i expected too much.

·
Registered
11,213 Posts
The projector is a 1.67x-2.08x throw spec

Make sure your distance is lens/screen distance - not wall/mount distance. Also make sure you are giving image width - not frame width or image diag.

baja is a 1.96x throw

paris401 is a 2.22x throw (1.93 if you meant width not diag)

Mike, Vern?

My theory is this occurs with short throw because image going into extant of lens - but lets gather some stats to find a trend. (My first engineer job umpteen years ago was as a reliability engineer for a military contractor - old habits die hard!)

paris401.

If you are used to a CRT (directview, RPTV) you will never be wowed by digital front projection. You must control direct, ambient, and reflected light.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
123" diagonal with actual screen size at 107"Da Lite HCCV screen with the projector at 18.5 ft on my equipment stand(not ceiling mounted yet waiting for the mount to be shipped this week) will mount the projector at 17.5 ft when it arrives?

·
Registered
607 Posts
Yes...........

I do have some very minor bending in the lower left hand corner. Ceiling mounted. In the middle of the 7205 zoom range. I don't ever see it though. Just a hair of overscan takes care of it. The profelt edge on my Da-lite HCCV eats up any light spill.

Joel

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Over 60% of 7205 owners are saying that they notice this issue. Yet, when talking to IF they still claim they know of no problem and claim never hearing of this issue. This entire high end HT market just amazes me. With the 20K, 30K or even over 50K some of us spend these companies act as though they are doing you a favor and don't want to hear about the complaints. Boy every time I hear that the economy is in the ****ter I just have to laugh. These companies must be doing well that they have such lack of cust service. Boy, if you bought a new car and 60% of people polled said they all had the same problem, you would be hearing class action law suit real fast. Not trying to be a whiner but once again it just amazes me.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I just returned from out of town and demoed a 7205 in a light controlled room. The projector was set up properly by the ht dealer. I am sorry to say, but to be honest I felt my Sim2 ht 250 had a sharper cleaner picture. I could tell the contrast was much better, but the picture wasn't as sharp and clear as my Sim2. A year ago I saw the link at Cedia and the one thing I remember was the picture was clear and sharp. Has anyone else noticed this, or did it need to be focused Thanks Greg

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Young
I just returned from out of town and demoed a 7205 in a light controlled room. The projector was set up properly by the ht dealer. I am sorry to say, but to be honest I felt my Sim2 ht 250 had a sharper cleaner picture. I could tell the contrast was much better, but the picture wasn't as sharp and clear as my Sim2. A year ago I saw the link at Cedia and the one thing I remember was the picture was clear and sharp. Has anyone else noticed this, or did it need to be focused Thanks Greg
Greg it's odd that you say that. I have had a issue with my new 7205 (long story,another thread) but have now gone through 3 unit's, soon to be on the 4th. However the first 7205 seemed to have excellent picture quality. I returned it due to the bending of the image that I am now convinced that all 7205's have. With both the second and third 7205, I have seemed to noticed what you describe here. I found myself up on the latter several time's thinking that the PJ was slightly out of focus only to find out that it was as good as it's going to get. Since both those unit have had color wheel issue's I did not know if that had something to do with it or not. We will see what happens with the 4th unit. I am really starting to wonder about this PJ.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.