AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a Samsung LN46A650 or LN46a750 but don't care about the red border or the ability go hook it to the internet. I just want something that will not show the blur while watching sports. Is there something out there that will not show any blur without extra features I don't need or should I just go ahead and get the LN46A650 or LN46a750?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Those two models are the best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I would concur those are the top two LCD's at this time.

Keep in mind that HD broadcasts and Sports are not fully mature and there are times when Motion is the fault of the source end especially when they compress the signal or broadcast hiccups occur and atmosphereic conditions can impact a broadcast.

I rarely see motion on my Sharp Panels but it doesn't mean I never see an event but it is so rare as to be an issue for me and there are some people that are hypersensitive to motion much like DLP RBE or phosphor trails on a plasma.

If your uncertain buy with return rights - but these two panels are among the best IMO but I'm also into bigger panels and someday my goal would be to have one of those in a 70" size.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Get the A650....

Much better value than the A750, IMO...

You have to ask yourself if you really NEED the Media features of the A750...if not, go for the A650 instead...

Cnet reviewed both(52A650 and 46A750), and gave their highest score to the A650, mainly because it was a better value...

Also keep in mind, the A630s are arriving in August....Matte screen, slightly lower contrast ratio and one less HDMI....BUT...they are cheaper (52A630 should retail for $2700...which is $300 less than a 52A650)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I would go with the A650, better price for almost the same screen. Plus the bezel on the A750 gives off extra glare and some extra distracting light. I would defiantly go with a universal remote with it though. The Samsung remote that comes with it sucks.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I like the 650 but this tv is going to be a lot of windows and I am concerned about reflections. Why do all these new LCDs have reflective screens?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC7727 /forum/post/14198823

I like the 650 but this tv is going to be a lot of windows and I am concerned about reflections. Why do all these new LCDs have reflective screens?

The picture looks crisper kind of like a plasma, I know it is not the point of an LCD but is does make the picture look much better.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC7727 /forum/post/14198823

A630 is for you then....its basically an A650 with a matte screen

1 - 9 of 9 Posts