AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an AV Receiver with “Loudness” button or control.

I use vintage Cerwin Vega main speakers (10" woofers), and find that just about all the newer AV receivers that I have tried, don’t seem to produce enough bass. I’m NOT using a sub at the moment. Using a Cerwin Vega Center channel … wall mounted BA satellite rear speakers. (5.0).

I’ve tried an H/K 1565, Marantz 1402, Pioneer 1021K, etc. In Stereo Mode (which I do 50% of my listening), my vintage receiver (Rotel) … which has loudness, just boosts the bass very nicely. Especially, at lower volumes.

I have done a search, seems like some of the older Yamahas had a control, but not sure about anything newer that still has HDMI, etc.

Would a Sony STR-DH540, with “Night” mode (turned on, the bass, treble, and effect levels increase) and Bass & Treble controls in addition be an option?

Thoughts?

·
Banned
14,420 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamITR  /t/1522782/looking-for-an-av-receiver-with-loudness-button-or-control#post_24488926

Looking for an AV Receiver with “Loudness” button or control.

I use vintage Cerwin Vega main speakers (10" woofers), and find that just about all the newer AV receivers that I have tried, don’t seem to produce enough bass. I’m NOT using a sub at the moment. Using a Cerwin Vega Center channel … wall mounted BA satellite rear speakers. (5.0).

I’ve tried an H/K 1565, Marantz 1402, Pioneer 1021K, etc. In Stereo Mode (which I do 50% of my listening), my vintage receiver (Rotel) … which has loudness, just boosts the bass very nicely. Especially, at lower volumes.

I have done a search, seems like some of the older Yamahas had a control, but not sure about anything newer that still has HDMI, etc.

Would a Sony STR-DH540, with “Night” mode (turned on, the bass, treble, and effect levels increase) and Bass & Treble controls in addition be an option?

IME a fine solution to the problem described above can be obtained from AVRs such as my Denon 1913 that have a feature called Audyssey Dynamic Eq as described in more detail at http://www.audyssey.com/technologies/dynamic-eq

1 - 2 of 2 Posts