AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hung my Plasma on the wall and the connector for the TV comes straight out the back, instead of down. So when I plug my HDMI cable in, it hits the wall. Does anyone make an adapter that has a 90 degree bend that I can put between the TV and the cable?

thanks

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
someone posted up this little jobbie in the past...

can't speak to how well it works, but for 13 clams, it's worth a shot...

alternatively, you might try a portsaver, since the cabling on those is quite flexible...

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Better check the measurements on that adapter as by the photos it seems that the male end is actually longer than female, and may extend longer than a typical cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've run into a similar problem. I ordered the rotating HDMI from cables to go which is very similar to the link posted above but, if your looking for a true 90 degree bend like I was, this won't work for you. I returned the product and found another solution. It's from monoprice.com. Their 90 degree port saver is fixed but, it has a perfect 90 degree bend. Note: since the 90 is fixed they make two different kinds. A 90 and a 270 degree depending on which way you need to go. You can find them on Ebay for about 6 bucks. Plus, the rotating HDMI won't support 1080P, limited at 1080i. The fixed 90 does support 1080P - Full HD.

·
Registered
112 Posts
AudioQuest makes exactly what you are looking for.

AudioQuest's HDMI 90-Degree adapter connects a female HDMI jack to a male HDMI jack, and rotates 90-degrees in either direction for maximum flexibilityperfect for connecting an HDMI cable to a flat panel television.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdefino /forum/post/12885014

I just hung my Plasma on the wall and the connector for the TV comes straight out the back, instead of down. So when I plug my HDMI cable in, it hits the wall. Does anyone make an adapter that has a 90 degree bend that I can put between the TV and the cable?

thanks

You can also use these, one goes up the other goes down. These use up less space than rotating HDMI adapters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone checked out this other port saver listed an monoprice.com?

I can't post the URL directly yet, but it's description is "HDMI Cable male to female 28AWG Port Saver - 8 inches (Gold-Plated)".

I have a situation where I may need get the cable to bend either left/right rather than up/down which is what most of the others I've encountered do. It seems like this would work for that purpose since it uses a lighter guage wire. But I'd be interested in hearing of any problems that others may have encountered.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjin /forum/post/13056096

I should have enough posts now to make a link, so here goes:

HDMI Cable male to female 28AWG Port Saver - 8 inches (Gold-Plated)

Yes it will work and they are good, but if you want a neater solution, do a search for "360 deg Rotating HDMI Adapter" they are really great and will go in "any" direction you need. They also look far neater if you see the connector like on a projector.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts