AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the inlaws' place who happen to have just gotten a rather costly home theater put in (60" Plasma, audio setup, faroudja etc) and it looks POOR. The plasma apparantly can do 13xx X 7xx which smokes my little LT150, and with the Faroudja in there, I figure it should look at least as good as my HTPC output when it comes to displaying standard NTSC. DVD has SOOOOO many artifacts that if you're not 25' back, its brutal. It appears that the ouput from the DVD changer (some Marantz thing....why these guys were sold the Marantz stuff I got no idea) is S-video (!!!!!) which then goes into the Faroudja. TWC HDTV is looped directly into the TV somehow supposedly and it looks OK but not stellar, and the brightness/contrast seems MUCH too high. The company that put all of this in is called 'Lyric', and the installer yelled at me when I asked if everything was going through the Faroudja unit. I wasn't going to go and touch stuff even though watching it made me cringe, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with installers in Manhattan? It kills me to look to get someone else in there after my father-in-law shelled out all that cash (for quite a bit of medioctrity IMO) but I just can't cope knowing that the setup should look pretty damn impressive and leaving it like it is. So if you've dealt with GOOD installers in Manhattan, please drop me a line....and if any Lyric people are out there reading this, also feel free to contact me if you want to make things right, but based on my experience with the installer who had no idea what he was doing, I kinda doubt it.

Thanks

-Trouble

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
You aren't going to like my answer, but don't shoot me...I am only the messenger.

No installer in New York will have anything to do with another company's installation. They're all way too busy with their own jobs, and they won't get involved in a job where someone else already made the profit. They can't charge you enough per hour to make it worth it to them. And, if there's an equipment issue, they will not inherit the problem.

If you're not pleased, call Lyric Hi Fi and tell them. They're a reputable dealer that's been around forever, and they should stand behind their work. If you get no help, call owner Mike Kay.

I feel your pain. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input Paul, nah no reason to want to shoot you :) The worst part of the situation is that he (father in law) doesn't realize how bad it looks! My hope was to find another installer and slip him some cash to just go in there and fix it up. I'll have the wife tell him to let me get it fixed and I'll get ahold of Mike Kay...Thanks again, the name was invaluable. It really is in Lyric's best interest to get this fixed as I'm sure a lot of this high end stuff is referrals. Greatly appreciated.

-Trouble

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
Lyric is a class operation, and I'd be surprised (and disappointed) if they didn't make it right. Best of luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.