AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, been a long time reader of the forum. I'm gonna buy a new TV, plasma, or LCD in the 37-42" range. I want to hook up to a MacMini, that will be a easy hookup. I don't want to use Display X, or Res X. I just want to be able to use OS X display in system preferences(long time Mac user) Any Sugesstions? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for this wonderful forum.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orl2222 /forum/post/0

Hi all, been a long time reader of the forum. I'm gonna buy a new TV, plasma, or LCD in the 37-42" range. I want to hook up to a MacMini, that will be a easy hookup. I don't want to use Display X, or Res X. I just want to be able to use OS X display in system preferences(long time Mac user) Any Sugesstions? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks for this wonderful forum.

I know for a fact that the Sharp LCxx62U TVs will connect with Intel Macs (and probably older ones as well) at full 1920x1080p with 1:1 pixel mapping. I have the 46" one connected to a Macbook. The 62U line comes in 52", 46" and 42" sizes. Just be weary of the "banding" issue on these TVs.

Also, the Sony V2500, XBR2, and XBR3 line of LCD TVs have reportedly been successful with Macs. They come in 52", 46" and 40" flavors. Be weary of "clouding" issues.

CES 2007 introduced a boatload of 1080p plasmas at smaller sizes (down to 42", WOW!!!). Not sure how the plasma guys have typically handled Mac and PC connectivity.

ft

·
Registered
1,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwehman /forum/post/0

My 37" Westinghouse LVM37-W3 works beautifully @ 1920x1080 plugged into the Mini (both OSX and WinXP)

2nd vote for this.. can be found on special for under $1k if one is patient. (of course I paid much more many months ago, but still a good purchase).

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.