AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a high quality plasma for my living room!!!! Don't want to spend my life savings but would like to have a few ideas and options so I can make a choice that the wife and I can live with!!!

Please help!!!!

Resolutions!!!

Thanks

Rodney

·
Registered
39 Posts
More info is needed. What size? Do you want HDTV or EDTV? Many options and price points. I just got a panasonic 50" HD after a great deal of reasearch. All the reviews I read seemed to give it the edge over the Pioneer. It was a difficult decision as I could only find a 42" HD panny to look at locally. I saw many Pioneer 50's around town. Both are excellent.

What I saw seemed to jive with the reviews. The Pioneer has very vibrant color. There is a lot of "pop" to the colors. The panasonic has more realistic color, still bright. Almost the difference between the Sony F707 dig camera and the Canon G2. Both are great. Sony looks more vibrant while the Canon is muted but realistic tones.

The best way to decide is look for yourself. I would stay away from Daewoo, Sampo, Gateway (which is a Sampo), Philips (which is a Hitachi/fuji). Most of the less expensive units are EDTV which is 852x480 as oppossed to HDTV which is anywhere from 1024x768(most 42"sets), 1280x768(pioneer 50") to 1366x768(panasonic 50").

A great place to start would be www.*******************.com also search the forums for the models you're interested in and see what others have to say. Good luck,

Fulmitz

·
Registered
772 Posts
watch out and don't get fooled by resolution numbers and equate that to quality directly. the ED panny 42" displays HD much better than the numbers would indicate.

MMAfia

·
Registered
5,105 Posts
Hey bostonIm from salem and trying to get this puchase right.Im leaning toward the pioneer 433cmx beacause I can only sit 6ft from the screen{small room} and in tweeters i noticed a great picture from the sd panny but noticible pixilation at 6 ft.Im going to be primarily into dvd watching and have cable with no box.Any imput on the pioneer vs. the panny sd.I want the best picture i can get after all is said and done. thanks Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.