AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have basically given up on trying to get mkv to work inside of Windows Media Center, but I am able to get mkv's to play outside of WMC. Right now I have to click through a couple of folders to play the movie and I'm looking for something more friendly to use. It would be nice to have a program that would browse through thumbnails like media browser and use a remote for selection. Does anyone have any software suggestions for something like this?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I use JRiver media center now. I can't say enough good things about it. Before that I was only using Windows 7 Media Center. At that time I just installed the Shark007 code pack to have MKVs work in 7MC.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Just install Lav filters and the Lav audio decoder. Its very simple and works excellent. MKV is a breeze these days in WMC its not like it was a year or 2 ago.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I couldn't get MKV's to play correctly in WMC. I ended up installing MPCHC and set it up to work with Media Browser. I miss the tight integration with WMC, but it does play everything I can throw at it.

I might try some of the other suggestions here in the forum. I'm amazed that I have such a problem and other people it works flawlessly. I have an i3 system with plenty of RAM. It should work.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy714 /forum/post/20799043

Just install Lav filters and the Lav audio decoder. Its very simple and works excellent. MKV is a breeze these days in WMC its not like it was a year or 2 ago.

Can the LAV filters control embedded subtitles or multiple audio tracks from the remote yet?

·
Registered
3,826 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 /forum/post/20799224

Can the LAV filters control embedded subtitles or multiple audio tracks from the remote yet?

It can in JRiver... works great with a Media Center Remote.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtgray /forum/post/20799319

It can in JRiver... works great with a Media Center Remote.

Yeah that doesn't work for me, it needs to all be in WMC. Thanks though.

·
Registered
13,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 /forum/post/20799224

I can do this with my setup for subtitles and streams.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
jhoff you can use media browser and mpc-hc as an external player and have full control over the audio streams and turn on and off subtitles or pick different languages using just your remote.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBumkin /forum/post/20798873

I use JRiver media center now. I can't say enough good things about it. Before that I was only using Windows 7 Media Center. At that time I just installed the Shark007 code pack to have MKVs work in 7MC.

I think my issue has is tied to having an x64 OS, but the idea of canning WMC for a different MC is exciting. I have never been a fan of WMC. I will have to do some research and see if its right for me. Thanks for the suggestion.

Scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts