AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a cable box with a component video output for HD programming. I'm looking for way to input and capture the video at HD quality on my PC. any suggestions on a video capture device that has a component input? I can't find one for the life of me.

thanks in advance.

· Registered
5,344 Posts
this gets asked about once a month like clockwork.... a simple search on the forum surely would bring up all the "not gonna happen for a reasonable price" answers....

· Registered
23,129 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwhite /forum/post/0

this gets asked about once a month like clockwork.... a simple search on the forum surely would bring up all the "not gonna happen for a reasonable price" answers....

Let's change that to "There's nothing available that's practical for DVR-ing".

However with Fujitsu showing their "cheap" H.264 Hardware encoder chip at CES, there's hope somebody will pick it up use in a PVR type card.

· Registered
4 Posts
Check out the HDHomeRun. It plugs into your network and can receive non-encrypted QAM256 and OTA HD channels. I did a mini review of it at DVRplayground (can't post the direct URL since I don't have five posts).

Of course, you won't be able to record all of the HD programming available to you, only the HD locals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.