AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been out of the audio for awhile. Looking to re-setup my system. Looking for some crossover advice.

My center is SP-C22 and front's are SP-FS52 FHL and FHR and Left/Right Surround are Energy Take Classics.
My receiver is Denon AVR-S730H
Sub is Klipsch Sub-12HG Synergy Series 12-Inch 300-Watt Subwoofer

·
Registered
27 Posts
The standard starting point is 80Hz. Start there, play around with it, and see what you like best. It's not really an exact science -- you just gotta use the ol' ear-o-meter and chest-o-meter.

·
Premium Member
10,892 Posts
Upsman502 said:
... Looking for some crossover advice. ...
A quick google for extension specs says:
- SP-FS52 - 40Hz +0/-?dB
- SP-C22 - 55Hz +0/-?dB
- Energy Take Classics - 115Hz +0/-6dB

I'd use 80Hz for the mains, 80 or 90Hz for the CC speaker, and try settings between 120 and 140Hz for the surrounds.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A quick google for extension specs says:
- SP-FS52 - 40Hz +0/-?dB
- SP-C22 - 55Hz +0/-?dB
- Energy Take Classics - 115Hz +0/-6dB

I'd use 80Hz for the mains, 80 or 90Hz for the CC speaker, and try settings between 120 and 140Hz for the surrounds.
I remember hearing (perhaps it was on an Audioholics youtube vid) that changing the crossovers too much between speakers on a single setup could have adverse effects. Any truth to that or is it just bunk?

:Edit: Found it (2:50 in the video below)

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
80 hz

·
Registered
18,457 Posts
This.

If you have any voice clarity complaints with that center speaker, you can try 100, 120 or even 150Hz...some people find that can help.

·
Premium Member
10,892 Posts
mikasaur said:
I remember hearing (perhaps it was on an Audioholics youtube vid) that changing the crossovers too much between speakers on a single setup could have adverse effects. Any truth to that or is it just bunk?

:Edit: Found it (2:50 in the video below) ...
I don't know how common this issue actually is, but I guess there's a possibility that the AVR can't correctly process the combination of different crossover settings. In that case, the OP should consider trying out various combinations of settings...
- all speakers the same; vs.
- LR - C - surrounds; vs.
- LCR - surrounds,
...and going with the combination that sound best to him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts