AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title states I am looking for a dvd player under $500 to hook up to a Benq PE7700. I don't care about sacd or dvda. Pal compatibility would be a bonus but not if I have to sacrifice PQ. Right now the Denon 1920 is at the top of the list but I am worried about macroblocking. I dont want to spend over $500 (would prefer less) because I will be drooling over HDVD or BlueRay this time next year and I can already hear the wife in my head saying "we just spent $500 on a dvd player last year" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,822 Posts
Read on the forum about the Denon 1920, Denon 2910, Panasonic S77, and Panasonic S97, although all of them have MB potential (very display dependent). Just buy from a store with a good return policy, and go with the Sony S975 if you do see bad MB with these others.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
You will see MB with the 7700 and s97 via HDMI. It's not bad but it's there and probably better than the Denons regarding MB. It's worth a try though, it may be within your tolerance level. You definietly want a upscaling player as the 7700 is pretty soft via analog.

·
Registered
437 Posts
There are the inexpensive Samsung players that upconvert to HD and have HDMI jacks. DVD-HD950 $179 and DVD-HD850 $121. Anyone know how these look on a projector?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.