AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a Oppo BDP-83 and was going to sett it for 350 or so and drop that and extra 150 to get a BDP-93 so i could do 24/96 FLAC and Netflix. Then i thought that maybe i can keep 83 and spend 150 on a streaming unit that does those two things and maybe even more.

Right now i have a Apple TV (gen2) that i keep mp3 and ALAC files on for music playback and love it, but can't stream metflix on it. So, i'm looking at keeping the 83 and ATV and adding another unit fir streaming and FLAC.

I have Apple macbook also, for what it's worth. Would love something that is mac friendly.

Any 2-3 units i should research and consider? There are so many. Audio quality is important, along with wireless streaming.

thanks

·
Registered
13,306 Posts
I kept waiting for the Boxee Box to resolve a few issues oh so wanting one box to do it (mostly) all. Today, I think it's like banging your head against the wall trying to find the perfect box. If you want Netflix get a Roku 2... you get 1080p and 5.1 audio. Only the PS3 offers the same and at a whopping 4 watts it will almost pay for itself.
If you have a decent wireless network it's $80 and I'm sure you could recoup a lot of your investment reselling it if you decide to punt or that perfect box ever exists.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.