AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a basic receiver. Right now, I only have 2.0, and honestly, we're pretty content with that in this area (may do more of a home theater setup if/when we finish basement). But I need to replace this almost 20-year-old Onkyo receiver as it only has composite video inputs, and I need component and HDMI.

Here are the requirements:

- 4 or more HDMI/component inputs

- $200-$400 budget, preferably on the lower end

- No video processing needed, actually would prefer passthrough

- Does not need to be 3D

- 7.1+ channel not required (5.1 acceptable, or even 2.1/2.0)

Also, would love to find one that auto-senses the source, but I don't think receivers have these built-in (have to go w/ switch to do that).

Here is what I would connect to it:

- HTPC (HDMI)

- PS3 (HDMI)

- Wii (component)

- DVD (component)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
18,923 Posts
If you liked Onkyo, they have some good value receivers. Though I am not sure how much liking your current Onkyo has to do with current models, as so much has changed.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, as long as it produces decent (but not necessarily theater quality) sound, and serves the purpose well of a good switcher, I would be happy. It's hard finding a "basic" receiver with 4+ HDMI/component inputs though. I would go with something like the TX-SR508, but this seems to have issues.

Anything else along those lines that is more reliable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.